Travelers have been using the Internet to decide which hotels to stay at for well over a decade, and too many hotel websites haven’t been updated for just as long. As a result, customers often make their decisions based solely on reviews from low-quality online forums. Spending money on Google AdWords is not the way to attract out-of-towners to your establishment; you need to get to the top of Google’s search rankings, and to do that you need to blog. Blogs are a great way to take control of your online presence, learn more about your existing customers and reach new clientele.
Three Ways Blogging Helps Hotels
1) Blogging is vital to maintaining a social media presence. Having a baron Facebook or Twitter page will leave your website buried in search results. Social media websites can be a fantastic way to receive feedback, but you first need to create engaging content that makes readers want to leave comments. The more you dialogue with your customers, the more new traffic will come your way.
2) Google prioritizes new content, so consistent blogging will increase your chances of reaching the coveted top of the search results. More specifically, Google prefers well written content that provides useful information. New services, business partnerships and special events are great topics for blog posts. Your blog can become the gateway to your main website if you regularly provide fresh information that helps potential customers.
3) People looking for places to stay are usually looking for things to do. If you can meet both needs, customers are more likely to choose your hotel. Posts about local restaurants, theaters and other attractions will generate traffic and increase the likelihood of travelers finding your website. Following local events is also a perfect way to get new leads. For example, if a large conference is coming up in your city, you can post the schedule of events as details become available and encourage customers to share and talk about the content.
Why WordPress is Best
WordPress is more than a blogging tool: It is a social media platform for millions of online writers. In addition to being easy to use, WordPress increases your chances of being seen by other bloggers, which means greater potential for backlinks and a higher Google ranking. WordPress allows for simple formatting of headlines and pictures, which are what really catches customers’ eyes. Bloggers need to understand the basic principles of SEO, and the WordPress community is a good place to see what other businesses are doing to increase traffic. All blog posts should end with a clear call to action encouraging the viewer to visit your website for more details or make a reservation right away.
You can increase your sales while actually saving money on advertising by maintaining a lively blog about your establishment and your surrounding community. It takes vigilance, but with WordPress and other social media platforms by your side, you’ll see your search engine rankings and your revenues soar.
- Effective Blogging Can Increase Hotels’ Revenues (hmghotelsblog.com)
- Ways Blogging Helps Hotels (blog.deepbluesky.com)